Joomla! is a content management system that you can use to set up a website. It's incredibly straightforward to install Crazy Egg on your Joomla website using the Crazy Egg Joomla extension. This will allow you to track data on your Joomla site.
Joomla Installation - Step by Step
Here is a recommended process to help you get started.
- Step 1
- Log in to your Joomla account and open your Control Panel.
- Step 2
- Go to Extensions > Manage > Install > Install from URL.
- Step 3
- Enter the Crazy Egg Joomla extension URL: https://github.com/CrazyEggInc/crazyegg-joomla-plugin/raw/master/crazyegg-joomla-plugin.zip
- Step 4
- Click on Check and Install. Go to Extensions > Plugins.
- Step 5
- Type Crazy Egg into the search field. Find the Crazy Egg plugin in the list and open it.
- Step 6
- Change the plugin's status to Enabled in the dropdown at the right.
- Step 7
- Once the plugin is enabled, you'll see a green confirmation alert that says "Plugin enabled."
- Step 8
- Enter your Crazy Egg account number into the Account Number text field.
- Step 9
- Click Save
Congratulations, you have installed the Crazy Egg script.