Segment keeps your data up to date and can pump your data into a warehouse in real-time.
Here's how you install your Crazy Egg script with Segment:
- Step 1
- Log into your Segment Integration account.
The first step is to make sure Crazy Egg supports the source type and connection mode you’ve chosen to implement. You can learn more about what dictates the connection modes we support here.
- Step 2
- From your Segment UI’s Destinations page clicks on Add Source.
- Step 3
- Search for Crazy Egg within the Sources Catalog and confirm the Source you’d like to connect to.
- Step 4
- Navigate to the Setup page within your Crazy Egg UI and copy the Account Number which should be a series of 8-9 numbers in bold.
- Step 5
- Enter this within the Segment UI under “Account Number” and Crazy Egg will automatically start recording heatmap data once the CDN updates in 5-10 minutes.
- Step 6
- Complete the set-up flow by entering the URL of the page you want heatmap tracking implemented for.
- Step 7
- Navigate to the Crazy Egg Dashboard to track the data.