Creating a snapshot is the best approach when you want to learn more about your Shopping Cart page. To do this, you will create the snapshot using our Page Camera Chrome-based extension (install here). This allows you to capture a screenshot of your web page while you are viewing the page in your browser.
Create a Snapshot for your Shopping Cart - Step by Step
Here is a recommended process to help you get started.
- Step 1
- Log into your Crazy Egg Account and then, in a new tab, Navigate to your shopping cart page in any of the supported browsers.
Add the typical number of items your customers would purchase. This will give you the most realistic view of your page.
- Step 2
- Click on the Page Camera extension icon at the top right-handish corner of your browser.
- Step 3
- Select the type of device you want the image to be captured with. By default, Page Camera will capture the page from the perspective of a desktop visitor, but this can be changed to Tablet or Mobile.
- Step 4
- Clicking Capture will start the process of Page Camera scanning your page to create the screenshot.
Note: Do not navigate away from the page or change tabs while Page Camera is capturing the screenshot.
- Step 5
- You will be asked to review the screenshot. Scroll through the screenshot Page Camera has created to ensure all the content is as intended.
- Step 6
- Once reviewed, click Continue.
- Step 7
- If your mobile visitor volume is less than 25% of your overall visitor traffic to this page, you will want to track traffic from all three device types. Otherwise, choose desktop visitors only.
Note: Be careful when creating a second Snapshot for the same page using Page Camera. You might create a Multiple Snapshot error if you overlap the device type visitor tracking between multiple Snapshots tracking the same page.
- Step 8
- By default, the Start and End Duration settings are set for you. A snapshot will start tracking immediately. A snapshot will stop tracking after 60 days OR when it has tracked 25,000 visits.
For more information on changing these settings, please visit How to Set the Duration of your Snapshot
- Step 9
- At this point, you can click on the Next button in the bottom right-hand corner. By default, we track every visit to the page and do not block pop-ups.
Please visit our Advanced Options section for more information on changing these settings or learning more about Advanced Tracking Options.
- Step 10
- Click on Create # Snapshots button in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Step 11
- Congratulations! You have created your snapshots. Now click on Return to Dashboard.