Surveys are a great way to learn from your visitors what exactly is working or not working on your page.
Creating a Survey - Step by Step
- Step 1
- Click on Surveys in the left-hand side navigation (blue menu).
- Step 2
- You are now on the Add-ons Dashboard. From here click on + Create New Add on and choose Create Survey from the dropdown.
- Step 3
- Name your Survey and select the first Question you would like to ask your visitors.
- Step 4
- Add additional questions if needed and then enable or disable the Thank You message.
- Step 5
- Customize the appearance of your survey by selecting either a light or dark theme, as well as selecting an accent color that matches your website theme. Decide if you want the survey to display on the bottom right or left side of your website.
- Step 6
- Select which audience should see your survey by selecting the device types you would like to display the surveys on. If you want to display the survey on all pages of your website select "On all pages where the Crazy Egg code is installed". If you want to display the survey on only some pages select "On specific pages" and enter the urls.
- Step 7
- Select the behavior for when a survey is launched and select if the survey should be displayed only once per visitor or until they submit a response.
- Step 8
- Publish your survey. Or save the draft and publish it when you are ready.