Have more than one page you want to set up for tracking simultaneously? When creating Snapshots, you have the option to create multiple Snapshots at once. This can speed up the process when you have many web pages for which you would like to track and create Snapshots.
Snapshots are the heart and soul of Crazy Egg. You will want to create a Snapshot to find out those fine details of what is happening on an individual web page. A Snapshot tracks every visit (by default), and all the clicks and scrolls visitors make on your web page. It is from here that you will see your Heatmap Report and more.
To get started, you must decide which pages you want to track. The instructions that follow are the steps to create multiple Snapshots at once.
Creating Multiple Snapshots - Step by Step
Here is a recommended process to help you get started.
- Step 1
- click on + Create New Snapshot.
- Step 2
- Click on Multiple Snapshots and then Next in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Step 3
- Enter the URL from your webpage that you want to track. Hit the tab key when finished, and the Snapshot Name will fill in automatically. Repeat this step for each page you want to track. When done, click the Settings button.
If the Snapshot Name does not fill in, hit the Settings button. An error message will appear under the URL field to provide more information.
- Step 4
- By default, we will create a snapshot for each device type to track them separately.
Note - If your mobile visitor volume is less than 25% of your overall visitor traffic to your site or a given page, you will want to place a checkmark in the box to consolidate all traffic by device type into one snapshot. Don't worry; you will be able to filter the device type out if you wish.
- Step 5
- By default, the Start and End Duration settings are set for you. A snapshot will start tracking immediately. A snapshot will stop tracking after 60 days OR when it has tracked 25,000 visits.
For more information on changing these settings, please visit How to Set the Duration of your Snapshot.
- Step 6
- At this point, you can click on the Review button in the bottom right-hand corner. By default, we track every visit to the page and block pop-ups.
Sometimes, you may need to change the Tracking Options. Please visit our Advanced Options section for more information on changing these settings or learning more about Advanced Tracking Options.
- Step 7
- The thumbnail images will start to load. You can choose to wait until you see them or not. Click on Create # Snapshots button in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Step 8
- Congratulations! You have created your snapshots. Now click on Return to Dashboard.