There are times when you will need to edit your Snapshot settings after the Snapshot has been running. There are a variety of reasons, like:
- If a Snapshot has completed, for instance, you may choose to edit the Snapshot in order to restart it and collect more data.
- Or maybe you forgot to remove your site modal. You will need to edit your Snapshot in order to change the Snapshot settings.
You can edit your Snapshot to edit the details of the Snapshot like the duration, tracking traffic type, advanced settings.
Editing a Snapshot Settings - Step by Step
Here is a recommended process to help you get started.
- Step 1
- Locate the snapshot you wish to edit and click on the gear symbol to the far right-hand side.
- Step 2
- Click on Edit this snapshot from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3
- Adjust any settings, tracking rules, or snapshot duration as needed.
You can edit a variety of things such as the Snapshot Name, End Snapshot Duration Date and/or the number of visits to track, and any of the advanced setting options such as Blocking Popups, Sampling Ratio, and Tracking Options.You cannot change the Snapshot URL. If you wish to do this, we recommend (pausing) the Snapshot and re-creating it.We also recommend NOT changing the Sampling Ratio or Tracking options when your Snapshot has tracked visits already. For more information, contact our Help Desk to ask our experts why.
- Step 4
- When you are finished, click on the next button to save your changes.
- Step 5
- Click Edit Snapshot and you're all set!.