Create a Snapshot to learn about those fine details of what is happening on an individual page. By default, a Snapshot tracks every visit and visitors' clicks and scrolls on your page. The click Heatmap report, Scrollmap report, and our five other reports, all come from creating snapshots.
Are you looking to track a checkout or cart page? Or a page located behind a login? Read this article on Creating Snapshots on a Checkout or Cart page.
Creating a Standard Snapshot - Step by Step
Here is a recommended process to help you create a single snapshot.
- Step 1
- Click on + Create New Snapshot.
- Step 2
- Click on Snapshot for a single page.
Note: Want to set up more than one Snapshot at a time? Check out Create Multiple Snapshots at once
- Step 3
- Enter the URL from your webpage that you want to track. The Snapshot Name will fill in automatically.
Note: If the Snapshot Name does not fill in, hit the Next button. An error message will appear under the URL field to provide more information.
- Step 4
Option 1- Device Tracking is set by default and will create 3 separate Snapshots for each device type: Desktop, Tablet, and Mobile visitors.Option 2 - Tick the Custom Tracking box if your mobile visitor volume is less than 25% of your overall visitor traffic to your site or a given page.
- Step 5
- By default, the Start and End Duration settings are set for you. A snapshot will start tracking immediately. A snapshot will stop tracking after 60 days OR when it has tracked 25,000 visits.
Note: For more information on changing these settings, please visit How to Set the Duration of your Snapshot.Note: To tailor your preference further, our Advanced Settings let you "Block Pop-Ups," "Sample Ratio," and organize more "Tracking Options."
- Step 6
- At this point, you can click on the Review button in the bottom right-hand corner. By default, we track every visit to the page and do not block pop-ups.
- Step 7
- The thumbnail images will start to load. You can wait until you see them or click on the Create # Snapshots button in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Step 8
- Congratulations! You have created your snapshots. Now click on Return to Dashboard.