Create a Snapshot to learn about those fine details of what is happening on an individual page. By default, a Snapshot tracks every visit and visitors' clicks and scrolls on your page. The click Heatmap report, Scrollmap report, and our five other reports, all come from creating snapshots.
Creating a Standard Snapshot - Step by Step
Here is a recommended process to help you create a single snapshot.
- Step 1
- Click on + Create New Snapshot.
- Step 2
- Click on Snapshot for a single page.
Note: Want to set up more than one Snapshot at a time? Check out Create Multiple Snapshots at once
- Step 3
- Enter the URL from your webpage that you want to track. The Snapshot Name will fill in automatically.
Note: If the Snapshot Name does not fill in, hit the Next button. An error message will appear under the URL field to provide more information.
- Step 4
Option 1- Device Tracking is set by default and will create 3 separate Snapshots for each device type: Desktop, Tablet, and Mobile visitors.Option 2 - Tick the Custom Tracking box if your mobile visitor volume is less than 25% of your overall visitor traffic to your site or a given page.
- Step 5
- By default, the Start and End Duration settings are set for you. A snapshot will start tracking immediately. A snapshot will stop tracking after 60 days OR when it has tracked 25,000 visits.
Note: For more information on changing these settings, please visit How to Set the Duration of your Snapshot.
Note: To tailor your preference further, our Advanced Settings let you "Block Pop-Ups," "Sample Ratio," and organize more "Tracking Options."
- Step 6
- At this point, you can click on the Review button in the bottom right-hand corner. By default, we track every visit to the page and do not block pop-ups.
- Step 7
- The thumbnail images will start to load. You can wait until you see them or click on the Create # Snapshots button in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Step 8
- Congratulations! You have created your snapshots. Now click on Return to Dashboard.