Have you ever wonder how your Campaigns are doing? You spend all that money to get traffic to your site, but you still are not seeing the conversions. Our UTM tracking can help you understand why this is. You can use UTM codes for anything and in anything. Newsletters, emails, Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Bing Ads, video content, etc.
For more in-depth information on how UTM parameters work, along with examples to learn from, check out A Handy Guide to UTM Codes: Know Which of Your Campaigns Really Work.
Tracking Campaign Results - Step by Step
Here is a recommended process to help you get started.
- Step 1
- Set up your UTM codes for your campaigns. You can get help embedding UTM codes into your links by using Google’s URL Builder tool.
Note: Users of both Google Analytics and AdWords should be aware that simply enabling auto-tagging will not allow Crazy Egg to track campaign information. Auto-tagging does not add the campaign information to incoming URLs that our tracking script needs in order to associate a click with an AdWords campaign.
- Step 2
- Create a Snapshot for the page you are driving traffic too. Only use the page URL. We track the UTM codes automatically.
- Step 3
- Enable Recordings for the site.
- Step 4
- As soon as your Snapshot has tracked some visits, open up your Snapshot Reports Dashboard, and check out your Confetti and Overlay reports.
- Step 5
- You can filter your Recordings by UTM code (Ad Campaign) as well!
And that is all there is to it! We will track this information automatically for you, as long as you are using UTM codes.