Do you use pop-ups on your site? By default when our system takes that first screenshot we attempt to omit the pop-up. Sometimes our system does not automatically detect the popup to omit so you would need to specify the CSS selector.
Sometimes you want to see the visual analytics on your pop-up, but other times you do not. If you choose to omit the pop-up, you are only omitting it from your visual reports. We still track all clicks made on your pop-up under the List Report - Not Visible tab.
Omit Specific Elements - Step by Step
Here is a recommended process to help you get started. You will need to be in the Edit Snapshot mode.
- Step 1
- Scroll down to the Blocking Pop-Ups section.
- Step 2a
- By default, Blocking Pop-Ups wll be set to omit. However, there are times when this does not work and you will need to select Omit Specific Elements. If you know the CSS selector name, enter this in the first field.
Once done go to step 3.
- Step 2b
- If you don't know the CSS selector value, you can enter the website URL of the page in the second field. This will open a small preview window where you can select the popup. NOTE: Be sure to select the entire popup (outer edges).
- Step 3
- Click the Review button in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Step 4
- Click Edit Snapshot.
- Step 5
- Click on the gear symbol and choose to refresh this.