For password protected pages or to track pages in an intranet you will need to use the Page Camera tool, found at the url below.
Page Camera is a Chrome Extension that allows you to take snapshots of non-public pages. By taking the snapshot yourself, you can track pages that are accessible only to logged-in users or pages that can only be reached from within your internal network.
- Page Camera requires the latest version of Chrome.
- The Page Camera Extension must be installed.
Creating a snapshot:
- Navigate to the page you’d like to track. Enter any login information as needed.
- Once on the page, click on the Page Camera icon and then “Capture”.
- Login to Crazy Egg
- Follow the step for creating a new snapshot.
Page Camera is only needed to create a snapshot. Page Camera is not needed to track data once the snapshot is created.