For password protected pages or to track pages in an intranet you will need to use the Page Camera tool, found under the “options” tab.
Page Camera is a desktop application that allows you to take snapshots of non-public pages. By taking the snapshot yourself, you can track pages that are accessible only to logged-in users or pages that can only be reached from within your internal network.
- Page Camera requires the latest version of Adobe AIR.
- Once AIR is installed, click the download button to get the latest version.
- Once the application is running, click help for basic usage instructions.
Creating a snapshot:
- Using Page Camera, navigate to the page you’d like to track. Enter any login information as needed.
- Once on the page, click “Capture” in the top right of Page Camera.
- Login to Crazy Egg
- Follow the step for creating a new snapshot.
Page Camera is only needed to create a snapshot. Page Camera is not needed to track data once the snapshot is created.